miércoles, 9 de noviembre de 2016

Election Day

Last night the four of us sat on the bed looking at the election results. I am posting this because I never want to forget the day that history was made. I remember telling my one year old, soon to be two, today the United States makes history. At that point we were not sure if it was good or bad.

As the night progressed things were not looking very good. Dylan wanted to watch Elmo (Apo to him) like always, but we needed to know what was going on. We saw Donald Trump was on the lead and things were not changing. More and more states were marking red. I made a status on Facebook saying he was winning and people were still hopefully, asking me to have faith in people but I somehow knew in my gut, he was going to win.

I read a post a few months back where Michael Moore explained why he was going to win, I didn't want to believe him at the time but his reasons made so much sense. We were doomed. At about 10 pm we decided to call it quits and try to fall asleep, it seemed to be decided at that point. Woke up at 7:30 and woke my husband up. He looked at his phone and said "Donald Trump won". I felt my heart sink and tears started running down my face. My eyes are watering as I write this.

It was the gloomiest of days, Nov 9th, a day I will never forget. I had not been this sad in a while. I felt so betrayed by my fellow Americans. Being Mexican is no longer ok in the United States, especially in somewhere like Arizona. I made a sad post, there were a lot of people that sympathized and felt the same way. But then I started seeing posts that seemed to be directed at my post. Not sure if it was just because it was such a delicate subject, but it felt like I was being stabbed in the back.

This day is almost over at 8:59pm. The big emotions are all gone, I am in a sad but calm state. We shall see what this president brings us. I am trying to be positive, but I am not there yet. Hopefully it's all good though.

May God Bless us all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario